Barcelona, Spain | Posted 10/15/2019
We are Social Point, a rapidly growing social game developer, with top ranked games on Mobile and Facebook. We have over 50 million fans playing our games all over the world.
There are about 350 of us creating super cool games in our offices, located 10 minutes from the beach, in beautiful sunny Barcelona.
Last year we were acquired by Take Two Interactive (GTA, Bioshock, XCom…) and have been expanding our activities, creating exciting new opportunities for top people to join our teams.
In an effort to strengthen our current and future game developments, we are looking for a experienced Technical Artist, with great knowledge of Unity and art asset integration.
You should have the technical skills to implement the tools and solutions that our projects need, all while being able to communicate with different project teams, artists and programmers.
Previous experience and knowledge in 2D/3D mobile games development is required for this position.
- Mediate between different departments to ensure smooth and efficient asset integration.
- Achieve and maintain efficient art pipelines that are consistent across our projects, addressing the needs of the games in development.
- Participate in development of tools and solutions for our artists.
- Teaching and documenting pipelines and best practices.
- Experience in mobile games.
- Expertise working with Unity engine and C# scripting
- Deep understanding of game assets pipelines.
- Optimization techniques for mobile.
- A resourceful problem-solver (kind of like a digital MacGyver)
- Of course, as for most jobs, communication skills are crucial (you're the link between our artists AND programmers!), knowing how to work with a team (and liking it) and a few other basics like those are also highly valued!
- Creative, curious, passionate and humble
- A good understanding of 2D pipelines.
- Experience with UI and Unity Canvas.
- Artist experience in 3D and/or 2D asset creation.
- VFX and Shader programming
- The newest and most powerful devices to work with plus a Spotify Premium account.
- “Mens sana in corpore sano” is the Latin for “a healthy mind in a healthy body”. Our SocialPointers get a healthy Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus!
Want to stay in shape? Go to our brand new gym, join our different sports teams and visit our fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”: we get fresh fruit at the office every day but of course you also get a private medical insurance, just in case.
- Get to know your colleagues at monthly events, drop by our hairdresser’s to get ready.
- People development is key for us: coupling an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility programs you get real growth opportunities!
- New to sunny Barcelona? Join our Newbies Club for monthly activities, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on and on... so get your game on and apply now!
Take two minutes (and twenty nine seconds) to check out our video below:
Working at Social Point
I work with great people, and when you have a team around you that you feel good with, work really becomes a pleasure.
We work hard, but there are so many rewards. I’ve worked in different studios and environments, so I can really appreciate the feel-good factor here.