Barcelona | Posted 06/25/2018
As a Lead Backend Developer you will lead a group of backend developers across one or multiple cross-functional teams and guide them towards successful project deliveries. To achieve sustainable results, you will work in collaboration and report directly to game’s Technical Director on following areas:
- Define technical guidelines, best practices, workflows, automation procedures
- Define, design and develop when needed various high available software systems
- Facilitate the information about project goals or tasks and communicate them to the developers
- Determine the feasibility of the sprint features, with respect to time and cost
- Define individual and team growth goals with your developers, follow up on them in frequent face-to-face sessions and group meetings
- Participate in recruitment activities when needed
- Improve the standards of technical documentation
- Support your team members with their queries and empower them to make productive decisions
- Prioritize, multi-task and perform in a deadline oriented environment.
- Work with the studio tech leadership to balance shared code development in a manner ensuring success across several projects.
Professional, passionate about video games, proactive, team worker, rigorous and detail oriented. You have strong opinions on maintaining high quality work and can defend them. You like mentoring other game developers and can adapt to fast changing situations.
- Professional software development experience in a lead position
- Good understanding of collaboration with a team of senior developers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Profound and disciplined programming skills and experience in system design, architectures and best practices and techniques used in games
- Strong background in languages like Java, C#, C++, Erlang, Golang, etc…
- Experience designing and implementing complex systems with multiple parts and technologies
- Experience with application scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience with application and system orchestration: understand where you code fits within the big picture.
- Performance analysis and optimisation skills