Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Our art team makes 2D and 3D games come to life by creating characters, environments, assets, etc. from scratch. Be surrounded by experts in this area and contribute with your talent to design more awesome creativities.
Join us and help us make 2019 the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do in Social Point?
As member of the technical team, your job will involve creating all kinds of special effects for our games, taking them to the highest quality tier in mobile games. You will work closely with the technical team during game development and contribute to the company’s R&D. At same time, you will work in synchronicity with the art leads to ensure all special effects in each project are top-notch and spectacular.
In addition, you job will consist of:
- Working in collaboration with other members of the VFX Department and Technical art, managing both artistic and technical production for the VFX.
- Optimizing and reinforcing the VFX pipeline to enable the team to work seamlessly across different projects.
- Creating and updating the tasks roadmap regarding priorities and deliverables, ensuring a smooth workflow, anticipating bottlenecks and finding solutions
- Collaborating with artists, designers and other team members from several projects in all aspects of VFX , aligning the process with everyone involved
- Researching and suggesting technical improvements and effects optimization
- Developing shaders and scripts matching the needs of the required assets
- Maintaining the project’s consistency of style by working hand in hand with the lead artist and the art director
This is you
- High proficiency in real-time special effects creation inside Unity (using shuriken or any equivalent tools)
- Proven experience in the game development industry as a VFX artist in a senior position
- In-depth knowledge of 3D modeling and 2D illustration software (3DS Max, Maya and Photoshop or similar)
- GLSL, CG or HLSL expertise
- C# scripting know-how
- Experience working with mobile environment and optimization processes
- Creativity and passion about games
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Good communication and organizational skills
- English proficiency
You also have
- Some insights in rendered particles (e.g., FumeFX or Realflow)
- After Effects, Houdini or Spine 2D knowledge will be valued
What’s in it for you?
First of all, we can offer you an exciting and challenging role within a dynamic and friendly team.
Sounds like what other companies also say they have? Hold on, there is way more than just that!
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- “Mens sana in corpore sano” is the Latin for “a healthy mind in a healthy body”. Our SocialPointers get a healthy Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus! Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day but of course you also get a private medical insurance, just in case.
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues, drop by our hairdresser’s to get ready (and forget your wallet).
- People development is key for us: coupling an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility programs you get real growth opportunities!
If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on and on...
Do you want to level up? Press start.