Barcelona | Posted 12/06/2017
Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Join us and help us make 2018 the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
The Art Director oversees new games and live games and is ultimately accountable for quality and efficiency within Art Services and transversal communication.
He/She investigates and coordinates communication with our Lead Artists, Art Services and Outsourcing.
He/She acts as Operational Manager and Mentor to the artists and their Leads, and reports directly to the Art VP, collaborates with the Head of Products and Outsourcing Managers.
- The Art Director manages expectations, assures flawless communication, response time, planning and time estimations.
- Leading by example: Punctually and on demand, manage specific projects closely together with the Lead Artist and Head of Product.
- Validates roadmaps, briefing templates and masters project management.
- Decides which assets are outsourced and triggers the process with Outsourcing Managers.
- Challenges methodologies, creates and communicates visions for new pipelines and tools.
- Recruiting of Lead Artists.
- Runs yearly appraisals for Lead Artists and mentors their improvement plans.
This is you...
- The role requires a creative approach and the drive, ability, adaptability and emotional intelligence to run a successful game production.
- Highly experienced in negotiation and change management.
- Highly proactive, organized, self-driven, customer focused, a great team player and always with a smile.
You also have ...
- 10 years+ of experience in the games industry as an Art Director or in a similar management position.
- Able to validate all technical- and quality-aspects of Art.
- Experienced in 2D and 3D software packages.
As a SocialPointer you will enjoy...
… all the resources you need for your work: the newest and most powerful devices & equipment and even a Spotify Premium account.
People development is key for us: Here you will have professional growth opportunities you have always dreamed of, supported by a performance review process, internal mobility and amazing training budgets.
We also care about our SocialPointers health, so we offer them a healthy Monday breakfast and a delicious daily lunch menu. Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym and football and basketball teams. Our physiotherapist can always help with your muscular problems!
Get to know your colleagues better in our monthly events! You can pay a visit our hairdresser to get ready ;)
If you are new in the city, you can join our Newbies Club! We offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork ;)
The list of advantages goes on and on. Join us to find out!
Working at Social Point
I work with great people, and when you have a team around you that you feel good with, work really becomes a pleasure.
We work hard, but there are so many rewards. I’ve worked in different studios and environments, so I can really appreciate the feel-good factor here.